Restless leg syndrome is a neurological disorder that hinders a person when they are resting or sleeping. It is common among individuals but one out of ten are suffering this. Doctors and experts don’t consider it a really serious ailment and don’t exactly recognize the symptoms of this. Those people who don’t have experience of RLS would think that it’s just natural but they didn’t know how severely restless legs can affect one’s lifestyle. Restless leg syndrome treatment can be treated by yourself. The following are some of the common and simple ways to treat RLS.
1. Have regular sleep. Lack of sleep can worsen the symptoms of RLS. This means that you need to sleep for eight hours because it is the required amount of hours that an individual should get.Before going to sleep try to have a warm bath or read in bed this can make you feel good and you will have a good feeling while sleeping.
2. Exercise regularly. Exercise is very useful, especially for our body. Walking, jogging, jumping jack and other moderate exercises can reduce the symptoms of RLS. This will help to relieve the movement of legs during resting time.
3. Avoid alcohol and cigarettes. There is a study that show people who drink too much alcohol and also smoke are more prone to this ailment. If you don’t want to experience RLS then don’t drink too much alcohol and if possible quit smoking.
4. Take a vitamin supplement. A person who lacks iron, vitamin B, folic acid, or magnesium is more prone to have RLS. Better check with an expert like a doctor or pharmacist to determine what vitamin supplement you should take.
5. Lose Weight. Our legs have to work hard every day. So, if you are overweight, it is a good idea to lose weight immediately to help alleviate the pain of RLS.
6. Meditation and stretching. These two can give a relaxing sensation to your legs as well as your body. It can alleviate this leg syndrome. Try calf, front thigh and hip stretch it is effective.
7. Cut caffeine consumption. Drinking soft drinks, coffee, tea and also eating foods containing caffeine such as chocolates can worsen RLS. Lessen your caffeine consumption to minimize the effects of RLS.
By following the simple steps above, you can surely help to treat RLS. It is better to treat it early because early treatment is the key to prevent it from getting worse.