Normal Skin Moisturizer – Moisturizer is used to keep the skin hydrated and avoid skin problems against the environmental or pollute conditions. It might be available in the form of cream, lotion, pastes depending upon the ingredients.
These are the solutions, which keeps the skin healthy and beautiful. It forms important part of your dressing table containing various other skin care products. Moisturizers, as the name suggests maintains the moisture of the skin.
Before you select an appropriate moisturizer for your skin, it would be better to know the type of skin you have.
Normally the skin has following 5 types:-
- Dry Skin (dry and tight)
- Normal skin (velvety)
- Oily Skin (shiny and oily)
- Combination Skin (dry at cheeks and oily at chin and nose)
- Sensitive skin (irritated, redness)
All above types of skin demand moisturizers, however their ingredients and type might vary from each other as mentioned below:-
- Dry skin shall require oily moisturizers as petrolatum. Thick ointments would be the best for dry and itchy skins.
- Normal skin shall required any kind of moisturizers which can be frequently used and should not leave negative effects on skin. Normally creams are lighter ones than ointments and can be used in case if you have normal skin.
- Oily skins should use oil free water based solutions. Lotions are lightest and are best suited for oily skins.
- Combination skins require water based moisturizers
- Sensitive skins demands maximum care, There are especially available moisturizers in the market for sensitive skins. People having sensitive skins should consult dermatologist and get advice for use of moisturizers. One way could be “Hit and Trial” method.
- Once you have finalized the type of skin and moisturizers, there are a few more steps important to look into before purchase of a suitable moisturizer for your skin.
- Try to select moisturizer which has SPF value of 15 or more, since this will remain effective even if you are exposed to sun during your working time.
- Oil free and fragrance free moisturizers are more effective as have been seen with experience.
- If you have acne problems, you must go for non-comedogenic facial moisturizers, so that the pours of your face remain open.
- If you have sensitive skin, use a hypoallergenic and fragrance-free moisturizer. “In general, choose one that contains less than 10 ingredients,” suggests California dermatologist Sonia Badreshia-Bansal, MD.
- For oily skins moisturizers containing alpha-hydroxyls acids are effective. Glycerin’s, proteins are good dry skins, since these attract moisturize more than others.
- One last important point is that once you have selected a moisturizer for your skin and feels it suitable, consistency would be required. You should not be diverted to various brands available in the market and also keep the moisturizers at cool and dry places as always written on the brand.