Holidays are the time of fun activities and marry making .The excitement of holiday not make you careless in protecting your home from potential criminals. Holidays are the time when busy people become care free and now they are vulnerable to different crimes and accidents.
Here are some tips for the safety of home which should be taken in consideration before leaving home
- Carefully check all the holiday strings and discards if any frayed cords and correct if there is any loose connection or holder.
- Turn to all lights when you start to leave the home or going to bed.
- Use an outdoor timer by which you can switch all your lights automatically.
- While choosing the electrical and gas appliances, be sure that the certification mark should be at optimal level as in selection of electric chords, lights, lamps, switches.
- Be sure that all gas appliances are switched off properly.
- All the window blinds and pans are closed and confirm it after rechecking.
- Large displays of home are not visible from windows glass, if these are visible change their position or cover the window pans with colored papers before leaving the home.
- Never place any paper or wrapping paper and clothes near the fire places.
- Test all your fire alarms and security alarms before leaving the home.
- If you have any pets and plants in home then arrange food for them behind you or shift these at some secure place to your friend and neighbors so they get water and food properly.
- Never tell your plan of spending holidays to some strangers.
- Clean your refrigerator and kitchen cabinets to protect them from insects and food contamination.
- All water supplies are switched off so save any leakage and loss of water.
- Unplug all electric appliances.
Ask some trusted close neighbor or friend to keep an eye at your home in your absence.