Home Remedies Sunburn Treatment – Sunburn occurs due to overexposure of skin to UV radiations. The skin is exposed to sun rays for longer period. It is better to be protected then to be treated. The consequences of sun burn are the inflammation of the skin with formation of red, brown or black spots or merely the blemishes of the skin.
The overexposure if become chronic it may cause the melanoma and other skin cancers. UV radiations also cause the wrinkles formation on skin with blemishes. Sun burn in winter season also occurs as we go in to sunshine while shivering with cold. It may also be due to sun tanning.
HOME REMEDIES FOR SUN BURN:
- A paste of barley, turmeric and yogurt is made and cover the area with the sun burn. It will give soothing effect to the skin and relief the sun burn.
- If the sun burn is not localized at the smaller area of the skin then you will soak your body in the bath tub with water in which tea bags are boiled. When this get cold immerse your body in it and pour the water at those areas which have sunburn skin .But before soaking your body in the bath tub wash the tub with hydrogen per oxide.
- To heal up the sun burns apply aloe Vera gel and apple cider vinegar at the skin with sun burns.
- Another effective remedy for sun burn is to dip the cotton gauze in the milk and apply this cotton gauze at the sun burn areas. It will also give relief to the pain of the sun burns.
- Coconut oil is also very effective in prevention against the sun burn. If you have sun kissed skin just massages the skin with coconut oil and goes to sun shine.
- If the skin is tanned with sun burn then tannic acid present in tea leaves is beneficial. The cold tea bags are placed at the area of the sun burn. It will reduce the pain and redness after the first application.
- Application of sandal wood paste at the burning areas also relief the burning sensation of the sun burns.
- The slices of cucumber and potatoes are also used to relief the sun burns.
THINGS TO BE AVOIDED:
- Avoid the application of topical anesthesia medication at the sun burn areas as it may cause the allergy to the skin.
- If you have to stay in sun rays for long period the sun screens are generously applied at the skin.
- Sun burn skin should be treated with herbal facial massage once in month to remove the tanning effects of sun burns.