Health Benefits Of Napping – We often talk for good sleep and uninterrupted sleep of 7-8 hours but we never think about the napping in our busy schedule. Expert says that good power nap during the exhausting day is also do wonders. At your job or in your college you can not think about it as many eyes will see you in annoying way at your desk.
It is advised that there must be some retiring rooms with working place where you revitalize your energies by closing your eyes and taking a nap during your working hours. It does not seem good to take a nap and leave your work pending, your annual report will get bad remarks but on the other hand it is good for both, for you and your productivity.
Here are some benefits of power nap:
It is important that if you are entering to your sleep cycle and fail to complete it, then you will develop sleep inertia with the result of feeling uneasy and low energy after such sleep.
- The human body is built in such a way as hard wired to sleep twice in 24 hours, a long sleep at night and short nap in afternoon.
- According to Greeks the people who take a nap at afternoon at least three times in week have 37% low risk of heart attacks.
- Nap is good to lower the blood pressure recommended by a British study in 2008.
- Nap is also beneficial to lower the stress levels and anxiety and also reduces the weight gain due to these factors and hormonal fluctuations.
BENEFITS OF REGULAR NAPPING:
- It has been thought that the napping has many other health benefits as it boost the mental alertness and productivity.
- Study published in the journal Nature Neuroscience revealed that as the day proceeded there is frustration, weariness, mental irritation and poorer performance in mental tasks also proceeded.
- NASA studies show that napping can improve the memory function in pilots. Researches on pilots show that the short flight nap during flight when another or co pilot is working the nap improves the performance 34% and mental alertness 54%. It is a pretty good for pilot.
- Harvard study published in 2008 showed that the if the nurses and the doctors take nap during their night duty it boost their capabilities of working, better mood, mental alertness, and great speed in job relating tasks.
- In other words napping makes you healthier, brainier and sharper worker and student. So take nap in your lunch time and in your break time.