Cabbage is the vegetable which is liked as well disliked by many of us. On looking it is pleasant and humble appearance with whitish or light yellow inner soft leaves and hard outer green leaves. It belongs to brassica family, eaten as cooked and uncooked form in salads. These humble vegetable do great miracles with human health.
Some of its nutritional Benefits Of Cabbage are following:
- Cabbage is the rich source of vitamin C and phytonutrients which are help full in fighting against the free radicals. The free radicals are the main cause of damaging the cell membranes and aging. The phytonutrients are also responsible for producing enzymes responsible for body detoxification.
- It also helps in repairing wearing and tearing process occurring in body. It is used in treating ulcers and certain cancers as cancer of colon, prostate, lungs and stomach cancer.
- It is rich source of iodine which in turn helps in muscular building and development.
- It is best option for treating the fungal infections as it contain rich source of sulphur in it.
- It lowers the serum cholesterol in blood.
- It acts as energy booster as it contains vitamin B in it.
- It contains vitamin D which helps in utilizing the calcium and maintains the skin vigor.
- Cabbage is the rich source of fibers and helps in weight loss in diet plan. The fiber contents in it also helpful in curing constipation.
- It is the greatest blood purification food stuff, so detoxifies the body and removes the toxins from the blood.
- As it contains the iodine in it so helps in brain functioning and keep the endocrine glands in proper condition. It is also used in many neurologic problems as Alzimerah”s diseases,
- It contains calcium, magnesium and potassium and vitamin E so helpful in keeping the skin, eyes and hairs healthy.
- It is help full in treatment of gout, rheumatism and arthritis by eliminating the free radicals and uric acid from the body.
- Drinking 20-25 ml of cabbage juice helps in treating the headache, asthma and bronchitis.
- It contain enough quantity of vitamin A which is helpful in maintain eye sight.
- It is much effective in maintaining the youthful skin texture due to the presence of vitamin C and E.
Add more and more cabbage in your diet as salad, soups and cooking Chinese dishes and enjoy with its benefits.